Thursday, September 4, 2014

Daucus carota

Fact: 15 pounds of carrots currently have a home in my refrigerator.  I'm quite taken with this particular food.  Most of my supply will end up going through the juicer, as I've become obsessed with that particular form of extraction as of late.  Others will get cooked in soup, some will be dipped in hummus, and a few will top a salad.  Health and variety - amazing, right?!

I even see carrots in this granny square.  I'm happy to realize that I subconsciously chose to put the green above the orange.  Just lovely.




Carrots and their common color also happen to make me think of fall, which is quickly snuggling up to late summer.  These two, with their unpredictable give and take, make for some good livin' in the Northwest.  Many of us are suckers for a sweet breeze, and we look forward to shortly becoming reacquainted with perpetual showers.  Not to mention the joy and creativity of layering (or wear-everything-you-have-all-at-once)!

However, I do love summer and I feel a pang of sadness inside thinking about the dark days of November-to-come.  But, if I've learned anything, I know that I can't stop it from coming.  So I'm choosing to enjoy the change of season.  It's an opportunity to think about changes; an excuse to start on the project[s] I've been putting off.  A fresh start - a new feeling.  Hope.  And, thankfully, a multitude of carrots.

not my original art

No comments:

Post a Comment